Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hellshock - Only The Dead Know The End Of War


Fuck, was 'bout sometime I wasn't listening to this record, till few days ago it popped out in my mp3 player during some boring bus drive. Hellshock is a band that knows how to kick ass. It counts ex members of bands like Remains Of The Day, Tragedy and all sorts of Portland area karate-chop-kicking bands. The music takes its base in 80's UK crust: Amebix, Hellbastard, Axegrinder Sacrilege and Anti-Sect to name a few , but the speed is much higher and reminds some 80's german thrash and american crossover bands. "Only The Dead" is an LP from 2004 and is fucking amazing. Dark, fast, breaking, and the best is that for a crust record it's not d-beaty. The artwork is as well a master piece of Mid, veteran from UK's old stenchcore merchants, Deviated Instinct. The only thing that doesn't convince me fully is the singer's voice, but some actually really like it.
Dont know, I dont like the term "crust" anymore, which usually indicates bad bands, I'd rather call this a dark thrash record. One of the best ever, for me, can't stop listening to it. reccomended for fukken everybody.

P.S. Here's a link to a page with "Only the Dead" lyrics, which are in my eyes great.

Download

No comments: